Hookery Cookery Home > Pancake Recipes >
French Classic Pancake Recipe.
Pancake mixture, made with 4oz flour etc.
Juice of 2 oranges, strained
Grated rind of 1 orange and 1 lemon
Slice of orange to decorate
- Make up the pancake mixture then make 8 thin pancakes
- As each pancake is cooked, stack on a clean towel and keep warm in a cool oven
- To make the sauce place the sugar in a heavy frying pan and heat gently until it caramalmises
- Remove from heat and add the butter and orange juice. Return the pan to the heat and cook, stirring until the caramel dissolves then simmer gently before adding the grated rind
- Put the cooked pancakes one at a time into the sauce and heat gently
- Fold the pancake in four, remove from the pan and keep warm
- Repeat with remaining pancakes, then return all the folded pancakes to the pan and re-heat
- Pour the brandy over the top and set alight, then leave until the flames have subsided
- Arrange pancakes on a serving dish ,pour the sauce over and garnish with an orange twist
Recipes by Alwyn Jones © 2000 and web pages designed by R. Barry Jones © 2000