Hookery Cookery Home > Easter Recipes >
A Fabulous Easter treat
1lb. Pastry (any kind)
White of two eggs
Any jam without stones
- Roll out pastry and cut into rounds to fit your patty tins.
- Put a little rice in them so that the pastry doesn't rise too much.
- Bake until a nice golden brown, then take cases out of patty tin.
- Shake out the rice and put some jam in each.
- Take the whites of two eggs and beat into a stiff froth.
- Add a little sugar to the meringue and put in the cases to line them like nests.
- Take the marzipan and shape like eggs, roll them in cocoa and put them in nests.
Recipes by Alwyn Jones © 2000 and web pages designed by R. Barry Jones © 2000